Saturday, July 22, 2006

Seacoast Seven

A warm, humid, foggy morning at Stage Fort Park in Gloucester. My parents used to take me there when I was little; I've a picture of a 4 year old version of me and my Grandma next to a big green dragon painted on rock near the water - 42 years later, the dragon's still there; I love the passing of time (naive melody).

Ran the Seacoast Seven — 45:22 (6:29 pace); 5th out of 97, 1st in division, trophy (what the hell am I supposed to do with that thing, trophies are for children, gimme a gift card or something.) Hilly, start to finish, literally, start on a hill, down, then back up the other side for a sadistic finish. Wanted to average 6:20, but couldn't. Getting wimpy, losing toughness, need more mileage/speed.

Only one other run this week, Wednesday, 6.8 miles, Longfellow-Charles-Smoots double loop, 6:42 pace. Right shin flaring up again, more typical MTSS though than before, more diffuse, a little higher and deeper, not right up against the tibia.



So check this out, Gobbler's Rock, never heard of it before, a 400 pound up in a tree (more photos). No one knows how it got there. Sadly, the whole tree, rock and all, toppled recently.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the trophy :) (won't your kids think it's cool or something??) and on the good race time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f