Thursday, July 06, 2006

HitCollector

Wasn't at all in the mood to run, at work, totally engrossed in and obsessed with my custom Lucene HitCollector I'm developing, debugging, had to drag myself away, after two days off, resting, left ankle was sore after Monday's 10.7 miles. But, once I was out there, Longfellow-Charles-Smoots double loop, feeling okay, springy, fast, strong. 6.7 miles, 6:42 average pace. I could really feel the benefit of the long run, need to keep that up and keep increasing, distance really builds strength.

Looking forward to, or not, actually, this 5K this weekend. 5Ks instill dread in my soul. 19 minutes of anaerobic hell (hopefully closer to 18 minutes.) Being dragged along with the pack, thinking, are we really running this fast, that feeling, it's so there, real, visceral, urgent. But I have to do it, that's why I do it, right, to feel, alive. And it's around that freaking lake I'm constantly running around.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger SRR said...

"Being dragged along with the pack..."

Are you kidding? Won't YOU be leading the pack??

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f