Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mockingbird

5.1 miles on the home Landice. Planned on 6.2, but cranking it to 10.2 mph for the last half mile of the first 5.2 blew a fuse, treadmill halted abrubtly, I nearly ran into the front. I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I have a treadmill, TV, stereo, cable modem, router, and computer going through a single outlet :-/ No fuses left in the house, crap, done, oh well, a decent run, just no proper cool down. Splits were like 7:13, 6:54, 6:48, 6:43, 6:21.

Watched "To Kill A Mockingbird" with this kids, what a great movie, and book, of course, tragic but hopeful. Gregory Peck really does such an awesome job as Atticus Finch, and the kids are great too (that link has a recording of Atticus' closing statments in the trial.) We actually arranged my son's initials to be JEM, after Jem; I wanted to name my daughter Scout, but that got vetoed, as well as my lobby to name my first son (from a previous life), Linus. These older movies move so much more slowly and calmly than movies now, which I like, what an old fogie I'm becoming.

5 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger L*I*S*A said...

I've never even seen 10.2 mph on my treadmill! WHOA!! You were smokin'. ;)

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts on my difficult 2 miler. It made me think about what I'd been eating and I realized I need to eat more! My husband is trying to lose weight, so I'm trying to be careful about what I eat around him - to help out. I can still be careful, but I need to get my fuel, too!

Love To Kill a Mockingbird! Great book and movie!

HTC-er

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Neese said...

is it bad that I laughed when you explained why your treadmill may have blown a fuse? lol

nice splits!

:)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kim said...

to kill a mockingbird is one of my favorite books!!!!!!!!

okay 10.2 mph? you are a running superstar!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f