Saturday, July 01, 2006

Cape Cod

Long weekend at the Cape. Beautiful, as usual, organic. 6.2 miles today, in the midday sun, hot, but some breeze diminished the misery. The middle 5.2 was the Brew Run route, which I should really be careful about running at all because it invariably draws me into racing the course, today, 34:03, 6:33 pace, 9 seconds off my 33:54 race finish last August. Shins better after than before.

Tough run, pushing, but not too much, at least that's what I say now, during, I think I was pretty miserable for most of the 4th mile. Though I've no direct experience , I tend to think of running similar to giving birth in that it's painful, but a it's a pain whose memory fades quickly, and fulfilling, enough so that you're contemplating another go at it before too long.

For the record, since last post, ran just 4.5 miles at lunch on Thursday, single Longfellow-Charles-Smoots loop, forgot the total time, but first 5K in 20:35. Hot, tired.

Considering a race on the 4th - Mattapoisett 5 Miler - Idunno, maybe maybe not, see how I feel. Need to get back to longer slower runs, build endurance/strength; racing could be an excuse to skip those.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger SRR said...

I think you should switch your blog to "Speed Racer."

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f