Sunday, March 05, 2006

Four Times Around

Lake Quannapowitt, 2 miles there, four times around (3.1 miles each), and 2.1 miles back - 16.5 miles, 1:58:05, 7:09 average pace. Sunny, high 30's. My longest run ever. I'm beat. Bad planning, didn't have enough recovery drink in the house, too exhausted to go out. Just one bottle of my whey/gatorade concoction. No appetite at all. Waited for M to get home from the grocer to get more. Collapsed into a warm shower for half an hour, and into bed for another half. Zzzzzz.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Scooter said...

David,
At home you probably have stuff to easily substitute for recovery drink. In general you want sugars, salts (both sodium and potassium), and and fluids. Canned soup, especially ones with many veggies will do a good job with both types of salts, or you can have fruit and a salty snack (peanuts are good as they have protein AND salt). Good run!
Wayne

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger David said...

Yeah, you're right Scooter, keep it in mind next time, I was too exhausted to deal with the absence of my usual substances, I just crashed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f