Wednesday, August 16, 2006

7.4

7.4 miles after work, Quannapowitt loop, 6:38 or something like that pace, Garmin died a mile in. That thing needs constant recharging. Surprisingly energetic, longer runs starting to pay off maybe. I'm 47 today, nearly halfway there, not dead yet, 'nuff said. NPR had Nora Ephron on the other day talking about her book I Feel Bad About My Neck, funny stuff, I can almost relate, if I was a woman and a few years older. Watching my birthday present now, season five of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Book is coming out in October. Vacation. Off to NYC tomorrow for a few days, then flying out to Oregon for Hood to Coast.

4 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 47 :) Enjoy the vacation!

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Hood to Coast! What's your team name? My team is Collective Soles - we're not speedy, but we have fun! Enjoy your weekend in Oregon.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger David said...

Thanks Annette. My team is The Nike Dairy Airs. I'll keep an eye out for ya. Have fun!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the team name! :)
If you end up running leg 8 - it's not so bad. I've run it twice. "Pittsburg Hill" (as we lovingly call it) is brutal, but when you get to the top, you get to cruise downhill to the next exchange.
I'll be running leg 11 for the first time. Like you said, it's an adventure! Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f