Saturday, April 01, 2006

Battleship

Against better judgement, ran 6 miles on the treadmill at work yesterday. Right thigh still an issue. After a couple miles, warmed up, not such an issue. Typical high 7:00's down to mid/high 6:00's. Does that mean it's not too serious I hope. Still diagnosing. Adductor maybe, but some groin issue, but mostly when walking. And hammy, Idunno. If I were to sit on a high chair, dangling my legs, and possibly placing something like a ping pong ball or tennis ball under my right thigh, just above the mid, there'd be some pain-ish. What is that. Tightness, knot, stress fracture.

Rest today, walked a mile or so on the home Landice this morning. Looking out the window, a giggle of Girl Scouts, including my beloved Z, readying themselves in the driveway for an overnight on a battleship; trying to get passing cars to honk. Some effort required to remember when that activity was entertaining, it really really was at one time. She's got her own life now. It's happening too fast ... stop the world, I want to get off ... and just sit back and look and enjoy for a moment.

Tomorrow, 10 or so is on tap, maybe. I need to be open to bagging it if the thigh is too much of an issue, don't run through it (though I know I will), don't jeapordize the VCM.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

David,
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Don't injuries suck?! It is so frustrating being sidelined from running right now.
Take it easy on the thigh and *DONT RUN THROUGH IT* if it is giving you problems on the long run tomorrow!!
I know easier said then done right? ;-) seriously though- would hate to hear that you aggravated the injury even further!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I like the jumping up and down on one leg test for a stress fracture. I've had an adductor issue (though it's switched from leg to leg on occasion) for awhile now, but I can always jump hard on either leg without pain. Sounds like your pain is closer to the hammy though. Good luck, hopefully you have good insurance and can have a real sports PT look at it.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger David said...

Thanks Mikes. I pass the one legged jump test, hooray! I have insurance, but haven't really yet tried finding a sports doc. I love my doc, but he just tells me to take it easy. Sheesh.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f