Thursday, December 14, 2006

7

Last Saturday, 7.2 miles, usual lake route, 7 @ 46:28 (6:35); splits: 6:25, 6:34, 6:28, 6:46, 6:41, 7:13 (hill), 6:19.

Today, with a splitting headache, 7.5 miles, usual lake route, 7 @ 45:40 (6:31); splits: 6:13, 6:24, 6:20, 6:24, 6:48, 7:10 (hill), 6:18. Record time for training run on the route, knocked the headache right out.

Four days off due to continued extensor tendonitis on top of right foot. On top of that, stupid accident, spilled scalding hot water on my bare right foot, so blisters on top of the tendonitis.



Anything that happens happens. Anything that in happening causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. And anything that in happening causes itself to happen again, happens again.

  — Douglas Adams

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've certainly had a hard time recently. Well done on getting out there anyway. I guess that's what marathon runners do! I've enjoyed reading some of your blogs and like you I'm keeping a blog of my attempts to get fit again to run a marathon in June next year. I'm 49 so its not so easy anymore but I'm determined to break 3.45 this time around. If you'd like to read a bit of my blog then go to http://marathontrainingandnutrition.blogspot.com/ and take a look.

Billy

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Talk about salt in the wound. Sounds like a tea-drinkers accident. That stuff will kill you.

Seriously though, I hope the tendonitis eases off for you. You're running fast paces though, especially given the circumstances.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Take care of that foot! Your running can wait so that your foot can heal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f