Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Elliptihell

Back on the elliptical today, 46 minutes, phew, glad that's over, I despise that thing. Coulda run but my left shin, low inside, has been getting more tender to the touch - doesn't hurt running or walking, only if I touch it - maybe I should just stop touching it! I never know what to do, that's one of the worst parts of running, deciding on workouts, anxiety about shins or other injury. Oh well, I should take a day off anyway, increasing my mileage too fast after running in the 15-24 mpw range for many weeks, the past two weeks have been over 32. Maybe I should get a running coach or something, lots online choices, but it's expensive, and it's not like I'm going to the Olympics any time soon.

So I use a heart rate monitor sometimes, I notice that my perceived effort is much higher on the elliptical for a given heart rate than my perceived effort while running at the same heart rate. Why is that? Just psychological? Does it indicate that running is just a more efficient way to get your heart pumping? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Check it out, the Boston Marathon is changing its start and finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

f